About the Role
In this role you will be part of the Robotic Systems prototype development team. Electronics makes up one third of the Robotic Systems development offering alongside Software and Industrial Design.
You will be the bridge between the software world and the hardware world, creating custom circuit boards and electronics designs to ultimately create game changing technology for our customers.
Our Electronics team utilise all options in their wheelhouse to best satisfy the customer, off-the-shelf components, custom PCBs, microcontrollers, nothing is off the table if it achieves a robust, reliable solution. They have the technical and mechanical skills to take their ideas from design, to manually assembled prototype and right the way through to external repeat production.
All our methods are based around continuous improvement and as such the successful applicant will be expected to be involved in this process.
- You don’t take shortcuts or cut corners, accepting nothing but your best work.
- You get a kick out of working with your hands to build and create things.
- You have a passion for all things in the technology space.
- You are a stickler for the little things and have a good eye for detail.
- You always try to solve things in a practical and simple manner.
- You are diligent and are effectively able to manage your own time and prioritize tasks.
- You are not afraid to ask for help or clarification if you need it.
- You approach problems as a stepping stone towards the solution.
- You can demonstrate a passion for electronics/hardware/creativity through your hobbies.
- You can demonstrate experience in the Eagle and Rapid Harness software packages.
- You have demonstrable professional experience in circuit board design and electronics assembly.
- You have TAFE or University qualifications in Electronics Design or Engineering.
- You currently reside within commuting distance (<1hr) of Robotic Systems at Mayfield West.
- You currently hold an Australian Driver License and have own transport.
- Designing high level system solutions for customer briefs.
- Utilise your mathematics skills to create effective electronics solutions.
- Research interpret and apply specific electronics standards or best practices.
- Utilising parametric search systems to find and specify appropriate components and hardware.
- Work with the Software team to develop effective messaging and communication structures.
- Extract and interpret information from datasheets.
- Create component footprint designs.
- Design, create and test circuit designs.
- Model designs in schematic software.
- Design test systems for ensuring quality control across production boards.
- Record cable designs and information in cable harness software.
- Produce manufacturing files and documentation and organize contract manufacturing.
- Checking the manufactured parts against what was originally designed.
- Shoot training videos to explain to your Production Team mates how to assemble and test your designs.