About the Role
In this role you will be part of the Robotic Systems prototype development team.
As Robotic Systems likes to be the one-stop-shop for our clients on their prototype development journey, you will be involved with creating designs for any and all hardware components in the cutting-edge systems we develop from initial concepts right the way through to repeat production.
You will visualize and create from the overall system level, right down to the individual parts and you will get to leave your mark on the hardware, processes, and methods we design into these systems.
You will be working closely with both the electronics and software development teams to create synergy between the disciplines and ultimately create game changing solutions for our customers.
All our methods are based around continuous improvement and as such the successful applicant will be expected to be involved in this process.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills.
- You are diligent and are effectively able to manage your own time and prioritize tasks.
- You are a stickler for the little things and have a good eye for detail.
- You don’t take shortcuts or cut corners, accepting nothing but your best work.
- You are an empathic person, able to put yourself in the position of others when designing the way people use and experience things.
- You are an extremely creative person, always looking to inspire others with your designs.
- You always try to solve things in a practical and simple manner.
- You have a passion for all things in the technology space.
- You are not afraid to ask for help or clarification if you need it.
- You approach problems as a steppingstone towards the solution.
- You can demonstrate a passion for creativity and problem solving through your hobbies.
- You have proficiency with common hand tools for prototyping and mockups.
- You have demonstrated experience in Fusion360 software and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
- You currently reside within commuting distance (<1hr) of Robotic Systems at Mayfield West.
- You currently hold an Australian Driver License and have own transport.
- You have TAFE or University qualifications in Design, Product Design, or Industrial Design.
- Design 3D models in Fusion360.
- Mock-up graphics and marketing concepts as needed for your designs in Adobe Suite.
- Using basic hand tools to produce prototypes or form models.
- Perform quality control, assembly, and testing on pre-production prototypes.
- Ordering project supplies and creating BOMs.
- Work with your electrical & software engineering teammates to bring everything together.
- Produce manufacturing documentation and organize contract manufacturing.
- Checking the manufactured parts against what was originally designed.
- Shoot training videos to explain to your Production Team mates how to assemble your designs.