About the Role
In this role you will be part of the Robotic Systems prototype development team.
Every project at Robotic Systems involves combining hardware and software to create a commercial outcome for our customers. It is this combination that makes our work the most challenging, but the most rewarding.
Robotic Systems’ software team splits into two disciplines, Mechatronics and Web and Mobile. As part of the Mechatronics team you will be directly responsible for creating this synergy between hardware and software to develop some of the most advanced machines in mining and agriculture.
At Robotic Systems we utilise specialised development tools and methods to rapidly advance your ability to create and test prototype devices in the real world. Which we provided formal training and accreditation for.
All our methods are based around continuous improvement and as such the successful applicant will be expected to be involved in this process.
- You have excellent written and verbal communications and comprehension skills.
- You are driven and committed to expanding your knowledge in the areas of hardware and software development.
- You do not take shortcuts or cut corners, accepting nothing but your best work.
- You are always checking and testing your own work before getting someone else to test it.
- You are an empathic person, able to put yourself in the position of others when designing the way people use and experience things.
- You are an extremely creative person, always looking to inspire others with your designs.
- You have a passion for all things in the technology space.
- You are not afraid to ask for help from your team mates.
- You can use electronic and mechanical hand tools to turn ideas into a functional prototype.
- You can demonstrate a passion for creativity through hobbies related to mechatronics.
- You can demonstrate experience in the LabVIEW programming language.
- You can demonstrate professional experience in areas like 3D & 2D vision, LiDAR, FPGA, wireless communication, GNSS positioning & electronic and hydraulic drives.
- You have TAFE or University qualifications in Software Design/Engineering or Mechatronics.
- You currently reside within commuting distance (<1hr) of Robotic Systems at Mayfield West.
- Design high level system solutions for customer briefs.
- Writing software in LabVIEW & C.
- Utilise your mathematics skills to solve complex software problems.
- Provide field support to customers testing your prototype devices.
- Setup and test project specific hardware during prototyping
- Work with the electrical engineers and industrial designers to create fully functional designs.
- Create clear and simple user interfaces.
- Give video based progress updates to customers daily.
- Shoot training videos to explain to your Production Team mates how to assemble and test your designs.